Thinking that Suzannah must go may have been a bit harsh. In all honesty, she really has no place else to go, and Jim and I really aren't willing to give up on her.
Suzannah arrived home from school yesterday, and the first thing she said was, "I am just here to pick up some of my stuff and I will leave my key on the piano." I then inquired as to where she was planning to go. She didn't know, but told me that we had kicked her out, so she had to leave.
Puzzled as to when Jim and I had "kicked her out" of our home permanently, I asked, "Went did we tell you that you were kicked out?" "This morning when Jim told me to get out!" she started to yell. I then told her that we had not kicked her out and Jim told her to get out so she would not be late for school and so he wouldn't be late for work. "Well that is not how I understood it," she said and stormed off to her room.
So I called Jim and told him what was going on. I instantly told me to give the phone to Suzannah. I did so, and an hour later, Suzannah handed the phone back to me and said Jim wanted to talk to me. Jim told me that Suzannah had agreed to work things out. She was to call the Bishop of our Ward and set up an appointment for us to meet with him (our church does have a system to help families with problems, and this is a BIG problem). Jim also went on to tell me that she had agreed that she might need some counseling and that we would all take counseling if that is what was needed to help her. I agreed with him and he went back to work.
Since I was still upset by the whole situation, I decided to bake some (a lot of) cookies (I find that baking helps me relieve some anxiety). As I was mixing the dough for snickerdoodles, Suzannah approached me and apologized for everything (she even told me that she didn't hate us). I told her that it was ok (realizing that I may have over reacted in my initial thinking). We then popped in some tunes and had a very delightful afternoon. She even got me to play Mall Madness with her (I haven't played this game since I was senior in high school).
Suzannah did call the Bishop, and they set up an appointment for tonight at 5:30. I really hope all goes well and that we can get the help we need for us and especially for Suzannah.
0 comments:
Post a Comment