Last night as I was finally drifting off to sleep, the process was interrupted by the sound of our door bell ringing. For a split second I thought I had just dreamed the sound, but then I looked at the clock, which read 11:00, and realized maybe someone was really at the door.
Who would be ringing our door bell at 11 o' clock at night? I immediately woke Jim up and told him that someone just rang the door bell. When he continued to just lay there, I inquired as to if he was going to answer the door. "No, it is after 11," was his reply. I wasn't about to answer it either, thinking that if it was anyone I knew, they would have called first, right....
Since no knocking followed, I assumed someone must have been playing a prank, or left, so I pulled the covers up and attempted to go back to sleep.
DING!
It happened again, this time the clock said 11:05. I turned to Jim and said, "Who ever it is, they are not going away." Jim then got out of bed and answered the door.
As he opened the door, I heard this whine say, "Can I come in?" I then realized who was at the door. It was Suzannah.
Jim asked her what was wrong. She told him that she had been kicked out of her current living accommodations and needed a place to stay for the night (she seemed to be crying too).
"Why were you kicked out," Jim asked?
"Because Maria's (the girl who owns the house she was staying at) boyfriend made a pass at me," Suzannah almost yelled!
"What did you do?"
"Nothing!"
"Then why did she kick you out?"
"I didn't do anything!"
"Fine, you can sleep on the couch tonight, and we'll try to figure something out tomorrow."
"Thank you."
And that was it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment