Since 4th of July, my family and I have just been doing the usual. Jim goes to work, I stay home with the kids, and we all try to beat the heat.

On Wednesday, Tricia and her family came for the day on their way back up to Washington. They had just spent the last week enjoy all that Southern California has to offer. It was a very enjoyable visit. We ate dinner at John's Incredible Pizza, and Suzannah bought all the kids a few rides in the fun zone.

When we arrived back at home, Terri, Suzannah, Tricia, and I took Izabel, Donovan, and Kendall frog hunting at the park by my house. This little excursion was definitely worth the time. I laughed so hard, I almost peed my pants a few times.

Donovan was the main frog catcher. We had walked all the way to the end of the path, with no success, and were on our way back to the house, thinking the frogs weren't out, when Donovan stopped in mid stride and told everyone to "shh." Then suddenly he pounced at the ground and came up jumping. He had caught a frog! He put it in the bucket we had brought and then turned and pounced again in the same spot. He caught another one! We couldn't believe it! I was laughing so hard at the sight of Donovan catching frogs with cat-like reflexes, that I couldn't even open the lid on the bucket so he could put the new frog in.

After that, we spent the next half hour catch more frogs. Donovan caught all of them, except for the one that landed on Suzannah's foot, causing her to scream, so Tricia scooped it up.

When the bucket was full, we took it back to show Jim, Keith, and Derral, then we let them all go in my garden.