Ok, so I was bitten by a dog on August 30. On the morning of September 1, the guy from the Department of Health called me and told me that since I was unable to identify the dog that bit me, or the any of the dogs for that matter, he was unable to quarantine them. What this meant for me was that there was no way of knowing if I was infected with rabies or not, so I probably needed to look into getting the inoculations.

Upon hearing this news, I called Jim and told him about my conversation with the guy. Jim then told me that he could identify the two dogs that got close enough to me to bit me (why didn't he tell me that before?). So, I put in a call to the guy from the Department of Health, but only got his answering service. I left a message telling him Jim could indentify two of the dogs and then waited for him to call back. He didn't call back till Tuesday morning.

Over the weekend, Jim and I went to Universal Studios for our 6th anniversary. It was a lot of fun, and the kids stayed home with Suzannah. However, the mess we returned home to Monday afternoon, was not so fun. My house looked like a tornado hit it. There was cereal and toys everywhere, rolled up dirty diapers that didn't make it outside, the sink was overflowing with dishes, there was garbage that didn't make it to the garbage can, and there was even yogurt in the rocking chair under a blanket. Both the kids smelled and looked like they weren't bathed since Friday night, and Izzy had marked all over herself with an ink pen. It took Jim and I two hours to clean up the mess.

On Tuesday, I went to my doctor to discuss my options if I needed to get rabies shots. He had no clue! He told me he didn't even know how to get a hold of the shots, let alone the protocol of their administration. He then told me that I should call the Department of Health and ask them about it (THEY ARE THE ONES THAT TOLD ME TO GO SEE MY DOCTOR ABOUT IT!). I was then further informed by my doctor that there hasn't been a reported case of rabies in Fresno County, in over 20 years (was that suppose to make me feel better?).

On Wednesday, Jim met with the guy from the Department of Health, at the home where the dogs live. He identified the two that got enough to bit me and they were quarantined. The guy told Jim he would check the dogs on Friday, and if there was any sign of rabies, he would give us a call. It has now been a week since then, and there has still been no call, but I have been sick the last two days with stomach pain and nausea (so if you can't tell, I am still a little worried about this rabies thing).