About 7 a.m., Tuesday morning, I was awaken in a way that nobody, in their right mind, wants to be woken up like. It was like having warm water dumped on me, but the sound that came with it, and the general smell, told me that it was vomit.

Alex had come down with the flu and threw up all over me, and my bed. How it all missed Jim, is beyond me, but we both quickly jumped into action cleaning up the mess, and Alex. Unfortunately, an hour later, Alex chucked again, this time down the side of the couch and on the floor. By then, Jim had already left for work, so it was up to me to clean it up. This process of vomiting that Alex had undertaken, continued the rest of the day.

By bedtime, Alex was very spent and it seemed he was done puking. He went quickly to sleep. Around 3 a.m., Alex woke me up with cries for food and drink. The whole day before, he basically got nothing because he couldn't hold it down. Thinking he was better, but still being cautious, I gave him a bit of 7-up (that is what I drink when I have the flu) and some crackers. He immediately guzzled down the 7-up, and it came up 5 minutes later. After that spell was done, he was insistent on eating the crackers he had been given. I let him, and he kept those down.

The rest of the day, he seemed to be over the vomiting, and was just really tired. He would eat a little, play a little, then sleep a couple of hours.

Yesterday morning, I thought for sure he was all better, except for the occasional "spitting-up" he did all day.

This morning, Alex came into our room and had a hard time returning to sleep. Thinking he was completely better, Jim gave him some milk a little before 5 a.m. this morning, to help him go back to sleep. No sooner did Alex finish the milk, the warm water effect with the bad smell happened. Again, Alex and I were covered with milky vomit, as well as the bed, but somehow Jim, who was laying on the other side of Alex, was untouched.

Alex was so upset by this that he began screaming and had a hard time stopping. This, of course, caused Izzy to awake and come out to see what was going on.

So, we have all been up since 5 a.m. this morning. Alex continues to vomit and cry, and be in constant discomfort. Izzy is content watching cartoons and being in her own little world. Jim is now at work, and I continue to comfort Alex, take care of both kids, and clean up the vomit, while my son screams at me because I wont let him have anything to eat or drink. It is going to be a long day.