Since we are going to have a new arrival, Jim and I are switching our 3 extra bedrooms around. Izzy and Alex acquired a beautiful bunk-bed set over the weekend, and now share the bigger of the 3 rooms. The room that is still currently the office, will become the nursery, and the room that was Izzy's(and Suzannah's before that), will become the new office/guestroom. Because of this change, I have been cleaning out up the room that was Izzy's. When Suzannah move out, she left a bunch of stuff in a black cupboard, and has never come back and taken all the stuff with her.
Well, the black cupboard has got to go, we don't have room for it, and Suzannah's craftsmanship in putting it together was very shotty. So yesterday, I opened it up to see what was left for her to take and to see if I could consolidate it. There was tons of trash (useless papers and what not), about ten books, her file folder (with birth certificate and important things like that), a bunch of pictures, and a journal with only a few pages written on.
I guess I did a bad thing, because I read what was written (hey, she left it here for almost two years, returning periodically to take stuff and still never took it, so it couldn't be that important...right?). Suzannah is messed up. Some of the stuff I read would prove my point to my friend about some of the stuff I have told her about Suzannah (she thinks Suzannah is an angel). Not that Suzannah is all bad, she has many very good qualities that was all love about her, but reading about her dark side, I realized it was even darker than I originally thought, and it also partially brought into light why she makes the current decisions she has been making, and why she is doing the things she is currently doing.
One of the things she included in her journal, was a helpful hint everyday for the future generations that would be reading the journal. The first one seemed really good, but as I read further along, they became more like advise for manipulation and the "Idiot's Guild to Life."
Jim and I had to laugh at one of her helpful hints, which I will share with you (for it is the reason I am writing this to begin with).
On April 18, 2003, Suzannah writes, "The Golden Rule is a fake. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you? I mean, if that was true, then someone could be really cruel to you and wanted to be treated that was, so you treat them that way, and then everybody thinks you want to be treated that way, and thus, a domino effect. All it takes is one person."
I don't know about you, but I think she just proved how the the rule is true by trying to prove how it isn't.
0 comments:
Post a Comment