After we saw how easily Suzannah got to slide by in school (just because she was white), and found out the district we live in is low performing all around, it became very apparent to Jim and I that we would not be sending any of our children to a Parlier school. On Friday, Jim went to the District Office, and was granted a District transfer for Izabel. Jim had been doing some research on other school districts in the area, and decided to have her transferred to Sanger Unified.
Well, it is obvious that they expect you to already know the process, because no one told Jim that just because the transfer was so easily granted in our home district, didn't mean that it would be so easily accepted in the district we want to transfer too. I had to find that out when I went to the Sanger Unified District office and was told that we would be receiving a letter explaining that Izzy was not accepted to the district yet, and that it may be weeks (like as in a few months) before they know if they have the room to accept her. I was also advised to go ahead and register her at Parlier, or somewhere, in case she was not accepted.
Then I realized, even if she was accepted to the district, they would probably put her in Del Rey (the closest school to us), which is a low performing school. The whole point of the transfer was to take her out of a low performing area, and put her in a high performing school.
Is it suppose to be this hard to get my children into a good school? ARGGH!
0 comments:
Post a Comment