This year, Easter fell at the end of spring break. The kids really enjoyed dying eggs.
On Pinterest, I had seen a few example of planting magic beans (jelly beans) in the ground the night before Easter (or May Day), and in the morning there would be a bunch of lolly pops sprouting out of the ground. Well, I wanted to be a little more indoorsy with this idea, so I bought a planter at Walmart (less than $2), and a rainbow of basket grass (also at Walmart, 3 bags for 1.33 each, I think), some jelly beans (pack of 4 at the Dollar Tree), and I found this cute seed container on Pinterest from Nothing But Country. I assembled the seed container, placing the jelly beans inside before sealing it closed. Then I put the rainbow grass in the planter and I was ready to begin.
We had invited my nephew Kaden over for the day, so he got to participate too.
I told the kids that the last time I went to the store, there was a person there selling these magic jelly beans. They had told me that if we planted them in Easter grass, the day before Easter, the beans would become a bunch of treats to have on Easter morning. I asked the kids if they were curious to see if what the person had told me was true.
Of course they were, so I proceeded to open the pack of seeds, divide them among the kids, then I let the kids plant them in the grass.
Then the next morning, on Easter day, the beans magically became a pot fully of fun lolly pops, and even an Easter movie and some chalk that fell over the side.
0 comments:
Post a Comment