When I asked Mia what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday this year, all she would say is, "Cassie."  Being the good mom I am sometimes, I knew that she was talking about Cassie from the show Dragon Tales, which has currently been her number 1 show lately.  Don't get her wrong, Dora and Diego are still her all time favs.
After mulling it over for a while, I finally decided to use the instructions for the dinosaur cake I had made for a friend, and use what I had learned from that experience to make a "Cassie" cake for Mia.  Here was my result.

Most of the cake is dark chocolate cake and frosting, but I used modeling chocolate for the hair/scales, horns, white of the eyes, claws, wings, teeth, and dragon badge.

For her birthday, it was decided that we would have her party at her Aunt Terri's house.  Unfortunately, she started running a fever during the day, and wasn't totally up to par, but she was a trooper and was more than happy to open her presents and have cake.