Today, on the way to visit Jim for dinner, my kids were being especially annoying in the car. When my attempts to get them to quite down didn't work, I turned up my music a bit more to try and tone them out. We are going through downtown Fresno, on the 41, when I swear I hear Izzy yell, "Isaac is puking!" I quickly glace back to see that he is only sleeping, but that quick glance cost me. The traffic pattern had changed in that split second, and I knew I didn't have time to slow down and not hit the car in front of me. All I could do was glace in the lane to my right (which thankfully, no one was in) and get over, trying not to have a head-on collision.
My quick thinking paid off, but my poor van was still banged up. More importantly, neither the kids or I had a bump or scratch, and neither did the lady I hit.

0 comments:
Post a Comment