The last three days, I spent my time up at Camp Chawanakee, participating in an adult scouting course known as Wood Badge.  As part of Wood Badge, we are divided into patrols.  I liked my patrol instantly.  It was cool, because not only did I have someone that I actually know in my patrol, Mike Scott, but one of my patrol guides is Daphne Ferguson, from the scout store.  My other patrol guide is Dave Norby, and Jim Beebe, Jaeson Hoopes, Nick Weibell, and Joyce Elder make up the other members of my patrol.  What a great group of people I have been put with!  To make it even better, Jennifer Scott was also there, she was just in a different patrol.
We started as Den 210.  Our first task together, was to design a flag for our Den.
We only spent a short time as Den 210, before we were assigned our critter, thus designating us as the Eagle Patrol.
 
That's right, I'm an Eagle, and proud of it! 
 
Later that night, after we had time to get to know each other and go through various presentations, courtesy of the staff, we went to the campfire.
This campfire was special because it was also a Wood Badge Beading Ceremony.  Anyone who completed their Wood Badge course and tickets(5 projects we have to do after the course), gets the privilege of being beaded.  My sister Terri went to Wood Badge the year prior, and completed all her tickets in May, so she was there to be beaded that night.  Even more special was that I thought I was going to get to bead her, but Keith surprised her and came up to do it.
The first picture is of me and my Eagle patrol, along with our newly acquired mascot, Sam.
 
The next set of pictures are of Terri and the Beading Ceremony. 
 
After a long day, I crashed after the campfire.  The next two days were jam packed with team building and presentations.  For one of the team building projects, we got to make and shoot off ROCKETS!  Eagle 1 flew proud and true three times.
 
Other than the fuss over writing up tickets, and a few other things that I feel I just can't mention, you just need to experience it yourself kind of things, that weekend was a lot of fun.  The other patrols in our course were the Beavers (Jennifer Scott's patrol), the Bobwhites, the Foxes, and the Owls.
Everyone loves to pick on the Bobwhites, and this year was no exception.  Good thing the Bobwhites was group of good humored people.  They are all actually quite awesome, and took the Bobwhite jokes with the ease and grace that only they could.
My Eagle patrol fully embraced our critter as well, and we had a little fun with it too.
 
They switched our tables one day, and we found a whole bag of Bobwhite patches.  We couldn't resist using that to our advantage. 
 
At the end of day 3, we said our good byes, and all left with a list of assignments to complete, before returning in 11 days.