I am either the worst mother in the world, or my kids are just that sneaky! Since I first called Poison Control on November 16, 2005, I have had to call 3 more times.
The first time was because my daughter decided it would be a bright idea to eat diaper cream.
The second time was because my daughter decided that Windex would clench her thirst instead of asking mommy for help.
The third time was because my son got a hold of a bleach/water solution that is keep in a water bottle (used to squirt the floors before mopping) and thought it was ok to drink from it.
Today (the forth time), I stepped outside to take out the overflowing recyclables, and when I returned, I found my daughter on my bathroom sink, my tooth brush in her mouth, and a tube of IcyHot in her other hand. Upon grabbing the tooth brush, it was very obvious (the smell gave it away) that my daughter had thought the IcyHot was toothpaste and lately she likes to eat her toothpaste by putting it on the brush and sucking it off.
I immediately called Poison Control, was told there was nothing to really worry about (just like the other 3 times), and was told to keep her upright and give her lots of fluids. I was also told I would be receiving a follow-up call in an hour to see how my daughter was doing, but the most to expect was nausea and vomiting (oh joy).
My biggest worry, now that I know my daughter will be alright, is that because I have call so many times in a short period of time, they will think I am an unfit caregiver for my children and take them away. I know that is being overly dramatic, but that is the way I think...I have to deal with it, and I do just fine (darn OCD).