Last night, Jim had four tickets to the Fresno State football game against Colorado State (Bulldogs vs. Rams). Since Terri and Keith had already declined the invitation to go with us, we invited our friends, Matt and Amy. Along with them, they brought their 7 month old daughter, Riley. We were fortunate enough to get a sitter for our kids.

The game started off pretty good. The Bulldogs scored within the first 5 minutes of the game and everyone was having a great time. Then, when there was about 5 minutes left in the first quarter, the people who had the tickets for the seats behind us and a few of the seats to the left of us, showed up.

Now, if you have ever been to the Bulldogs stadium, and had to sit in the bleacher style seats, you may have notice that there is not a whole lot of space for you to sit.

Well, when these people showed up, we shifted over a bit to the right to make room for them, and still not over take the empty seat the right of our party (just in case the ticket holder for that seat showed up). This was unsatisfactory to two of the guys in the other party, and became even more so when one of the guy's (we will call him the loud mouth jerk, or LMJ for short) wife sat down next to Jim who was sitting in the furthest left seat of our party. LMJ immediately began to complain about his wife not having enough room, and she had just told him that she did. He then asked Jim to scoot down some more and Jim, politely I may add, said, "We are all cramped hear, but if I scoot over anymore, I will be sitting in my wife's lap." LMJ asked him in a much louder voice to move over again to give his wife more room, and this time he kept pointing at the numbers on the seats. Jim then told him that his ticket was for seat 12, and he was sitting right on top of it. Jim also asked the guy how much room his wife needed, when she was already sitting 6 inches from him.

LMJ did not like this response, and began yelling at Jim something along the lines of," We have to deal with this every time we come to one of these games. People are always in our seats. Last time people were in our seats. We are season ticket holders and have been coming to the games for the last 5 years. I shouldn't have to put up with this (there were tons of f-bombs dropped, but I left them out)." To this Jim replied in a calm manner, "This is my seat, I have a ticket for it, I am not in your seat. Your wife has plenty of room. Just because you are a season ticket holder, does not give you authority over me, neither does coming to all the games. If you don't want to deal with this kind of stuff at every game, get here on time!"

This response seemed to only infuriate LMJ more. He began trying to pick a fight with Jim and even threatened to call security. Jim told him to, "Go ahead, call security, but your the one causing the problem and your the one that will get kicked out." LMJ then demanded to see our tickets, at which point Jim decided to try and ignore him, and I had finally had enough of the f-bombs (especially with the baby sitting next to me). I pulled the tickets out of my pocket, turned around to face the guy, and said, "Here, here is our tickets. We have every right to sit here during this game. Now I would appreciate if you would stop the use of the f-word, there is a baby right here."

I guess I must have shocked LMJ, because he looked slightly baffled. He stopped yelling and apologized for the swearing, he didn't see the baby (at this point it was obvious the guy had one too many beers before the game, his breath wrecked of alcohol).

However, this did not stop LMJ and his mission against Jim. LMJ kept acting like a big baby, and kept repeating all the things mentioned above. About half way through the 2nd quarter, Jim had finally had enough, turn around, and asked LMJ to, "Could you just be quiet. You are making it very hard for anyone to enjoy the game. Everyone was enjoying the game till you came and started causing a problem."

LMJ had obviously had it to and yelled, "You did not just tell me to shut-up. I am a season ticket holder and have been coming to the games for the last 5 years. I shouldn't have to put up with people like you. Lets take this out back. Come on!" (at this point, two of his buddies were holding him back by the arms, and his with was pushing on his chest telling him to stop making a scene).

One of the ladies that was sitting a few seats to right of LMJ, stood up and came over. "What's the problem? Why are you causing a scene?" she ask LMJ.

"I am not causing a scene," yelled LMJ, "this guy is (he said pointing to Jim)." The lady then said to LMJ, "I have been sitting hear the whole time, watching you harass this guy and you are stressing everyone out. You are making it impossible for anyone in this section to enjoy the game. I understand that you are upset about people being in your seats, I would be too, but they clearly aren't, and if they move down anymore, they will be in some else's seats. So you just need to calm down." LMJ still wasn't happy, but he sat down and began paying attention to the game, occasionally making comments about people not moving over and being in his seats, just loud enough for us to hear.

LMJ's wife ended up sitting behind me. She tapped me on the shoulder, and apologized for her husband. I told her it was ok.

By half time, the excitement was over. The Bulldogs went on to lose the game to the Rams.