Starting in December of 2005, I began exercising a few times a week. This was due to the fact that I realized how over weight I was and that I weighed in at a doctors appointment at 204 pounds in January 2006. I got really serious about the exercise. I exercised 4-5 times a week and I thought I was doing pretty good.

However, I didn't feel like I looked any better, and I wasn't going down in clothing size. I wasn't losing like I should after months of exercise.

By September of 2006, I had become so discouraged that I wasn't losing any weight, I began to slack off on the exercising. I quickly went from 4-5 times a week, to 2, maybe 3 times a week. By the beginning of October, I had quit exercising all together, and I was miserable.

I would literally cry about how hard I had worked, with no results. About a week before Halloween, I tried to put on a dress that says "one size fits all," but it didn't fit me.

That is when Jim suggested that I try Weight Watchers. We had talked about it a few months back, but I never did anything about it. The following monday, I went to my first meeting.

I was over-whelmed. So over-whelmed, in fact, that I began to cry as I discussed with Jim what I had just signed up for.

Weight Watchers is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change, and I wasn't sure I would be able to succeed at it.

I gave it my best shot anyways. I totally committed myself to the program and started exercising again immediately, 4-6 times a week.

At my first meeting on October 30, 2006, I weighted in at 196.6 pounds. After one week on the program, I weighted in at 192.2, for a lose of 4.6 pounds. So I kept at it.

On November 13, I weighed in at 189.2 (-3.0 for the week, -7.6 all together)

November 20, 188.4 (-.8, -8.4)

November 27, 185.4 (-3.0, -11.4)

December 4, 182.8 (-2.6, -14)

December 11, 179.8 (-3.0, -17)

December 18, 173.4 (-6.4, -23.4)

December 26, 174.2 (+.8, -22.6)

January 2, 2007, 172.8 (-1.4, -24)

January 8, 166.4 (-6.4, 30.4)

I have been on Weight Watchers for 11 weeks and have lost a grand total of 30.4 pounds, and that was even through the holiday season. The only time I gained anything (and Weight Watchers considers it more of a maintain) was when my family was on vacation and I didn't exercise for a whole week.

I have lost half an inch off my arms, 6.25 inches off my waist, 3.5 inches off my hips, 2.5 inches off my thighs, and have gone from a size 18 pants, to a 14.

All I can say is that I am proud of myself, and I feel great.