Last Wednesday, I make some chocolate cupcakes for an event that I was attending. Wanting to break out of my buttercream frosted box, I came across a recipe for homemade marshmallow fluff on Pinterest, and decided to give it a try. It was so easy to make, that I know I will be make this recipe often.

I just used a huge regular line tip to help pipe the fluff onto the cupcakes, but just cutting the ends off of a disposable frosting bag would give the same effect. The fluff is durable enough that you could also use a star tip for a more decorative look.
While perusing the blog in this recipe, one of the comments suggested that maybe toasting the fluff would be a fun idea. So I broke out my butane torch (I got mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond in a Creme Brulee making kit) and did just that.

I have a few words of caution for you though...the cupcake liners will catch on fire if you aren't careful (and most likely, even if you are). Just quickly blow them out and continue, a singed liner wont hurt anything.

For the Marshmallow Fluff Frosting recipe, visit Pixels and Paperie.

I just used a huge regular line tip to help pipe the fluff onto the cupcakes, but just cutting the ends off of a disposable frosting bag would give the same effect. The fluff is durable enough that you could also use a star tip for a more decorative look.
While perusing the blog in this recipe, one of the comments suggested that maybe toasting the fluff would be a fun idea. So I broke out my butane torch (I got mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond in a Creme Brulee making kit) and did just that.
I have a few words of caution for you though...the cupcake liners will catch on fire if you aren't careful (and most likely, even if you are). Just quickly blow them out and continue, a singed liner wont hurt anything.
For the Marshmallow Fluff Frosting recipe, visit Pixels and Paperie.

0 comments:
Post a Comment