Making Potato Cakes is really easy, but takes a lot of time. First, I scrubbed and cut my potatoes. Yes, I left the skins on, I will take care of those later. I then put all my potatoes in a large pot with well salted water,
and brought it to a boil, letting it boil till butter knife could easily cut through one of the potatoes (about 30-45 minutes, but to be honest, I wasn't really timing it). Once the potatoes were soft enough, I placed them to drain in a colander.
I then waited a few minutes (until they were cool enough to handle) and began the next step by placing one of the chunks on a cutting board (however, any flat surface will do),
then I used my masher to smash the potatoes,
and I took the peels and threw them in the sink, to later be placed in the trash.
After all the potatoes were mashed, I added the green onion and jalapenos, and mixed them all together. Then I used a 1/4 measuring cup, to scoop the right amount of the mixture into my hand, made a ball, then flattened it in a flat disk (I made lots of them).
The next step was to dip each cake in eggs, then bread crumbs, then bake them. When they had been in the oven for awhile, I took them out, flipped them over, sprinkled some cheese on them, then let them cook a little longer. The final result was a very yummy Potato Cake.
I actually made 36 cakes, and only egged/crumbed/baked 12 of them. The rest of them I left on the pan, froze them, then transferred them to a baggie to be used at a later date. For the full recipe, visit the blog Sea Salt With Food.

0 comments:
Post a Comment