I can't believe it has been over a year since I last blogged. I am so much better about this stuff than I have been. Here is the short version of the last year in review:
Jim
He still works for one of our local credit unions, and continues to excel in the eyes of his boss. He is also still doing triathlons, and just recently participated in the Oceanside 1/2 Ironman. Other than that, he uses whatever free time he has to spend with us.
Amanda
I am still a homemaker. I fill my time doing the duties of all that being a mom entails, plus I have started doing a little cake decorating and experimental pastry and candy making on the side. Jim has also convinced me to run a triathlon on June 4th (only a sprint though) and I have been doing a lot of running, and complaining about running, for that last month or so.
Izabel
She is in 2nd grade and is a great big sister to the younger three, most of the time. She really enjoys reading and (of all things) watching her brothers play the WII. She is also looking forward to being baptized this year.
Alex
He is in Kindergarten, and is still a spitfire. He enjoys playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the WII, and probably spends more time grounded from it than he would like (hey...whatever works...right?)
Isaac
He is still a sweetheart, especially when he knows it will get him something. He looks forward to going to preschool next year and thinks that every school we pass is "his school." He also enjoys playing the WII...when he can get the controller away from Alex.
Amelia
I can't believe she is almost 2! She is my baby...why does she have to grow up so fast? She loves watching Dora/Diego and coloring on the walls (she takes her art very seriously, too).
He still works for one of our local credit unions, and continues to excel in the eyes of his boss. He is also still doing triathlons, and just recently participated in the Oceanside 1/2 Ironman. Other than that, he uses whatever free time he has to spend with us.
Amanda
I am still a homemaker. I fill my time doing the duties of all that being a mom entails, plus I have started doing a little cake decorating and experimental pastry and candy making on the side. Jim has also convinced me to run a triathlon on June 4th (only a sprint though) and I have been doing a lot of running, and complaining about running, for that last month or so.
Izabel
She is in 2nd grade and is a great big sister to the younger three, most of the time. She really enjoys reading and (of all things) watching her brothers play the WII. She is also looking forward to being baptized this year.
Alex
He is in Kindergarten, and is still a spitfire. He enjoys playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the WII, and probably spends more time grounded from it than he would like (hey...whatever works...right?)
Isaac
He is still a sweetheart, especially when he knows it will get him something. He looks forward to going to preschool next year and thinks that every school we pass is "his school." He also enjoys playing the WII...when he can get the controller away from Alex.
Amelia
I can't believe she is almost 2! She is my baby...why does she have to grow up so fast? She loves watching Dora/Diego and coloring on the walls (she takes her art very seriously, too).
During the summer 2010, Alex and Izzy both did swim team, and improved A LOT. My grandmother came to live with us, we moved her to her own apartment, then a month later had to move her again to an assisted living facility (which is just down the road from where we live). We went to Reno for the Huff/McBride family reunion, where everyone, except Jim and Isaac, contracted the stomach flu to some degree (that is a lot of pukin' and pooin' in one spot). Both of our rabbits died from heat stroke. In July, I served as Alternate Juror Two, for 1 1/2 weeks (finding a sitter for this was horrendous, but doing my civic duty was an awesome change of pace). I also went to visit my mom in August, and got in my first car accident (as well as received my first ticket) on the way to visit a friend in Olympia. Isaac potty trained during this time, also.
Since school started back up in August 2010, both Alex and Izzy have been participating in 4-H, as Cloverbuds, and I have been leading the group. In December, we got two new girl rabbits, Cupcake and Snowflake, two weeks later, Snowflake died...but we still have the cool looking one. Discovered Cupcake is in fact a boy, after he impregnants Widget, another rabbit we took in.
Since school started back up in August 2010, both Alex and Izzy have been participating in 4-H, as Cloverbuds, and I have been leading the group. In December, we got two new girl rabbits, Cupcake and Snowflake, two weeks later, Snowflake died...but we still have the cool looking one. Discovered Cupcake is in fact a boy, after he impregnants Widget, another rabbit we took in.
All the kids continue to try my patience daily, often with success, and surprise me with how much they are growing and learning. I just LOVE seeing the little members of society they are becoming.
Anyways, here are a few pictures of our year in
review. Enjoy!



Anyways, here are a few pictures of our year in

review. Enjoy!



0 comments:
Post a Comment